Sizzling hot dogs, the crunching of freshly cut watermelon, and crackling of fireworks are the timeless sounds of 4th of July! One of the best parts of summer is hosting your friends and family for a patriotic cookout. We are helping you navigate through all of the stars and stripes to create the best tablescape that will be the perfect back-drop for lots of laughs and sharing a summer holiday with loved ones.
I have broken down my steps to dressing your farm table for the fourth using accessories found online and in your local stores.
- Use colors that correlate with the holiday, creating a theme for your event
- Use two to three-tiered plate stands to incorporate height within your tablescape
- Layer trays, plates, and bowls to give a more dramatic effect to your table
- Use small themed toothpicks or chalkboard tags to identify each unique dish being served. This is especially helpful for potluck style parties! You can check out your local Hobby Lobby or party supply store to find decorative serving ware.
- Don’t forget to grab some mason jars to fill with silverware or napkins to tie in the farmhouse feel.
A majority of the items used for decorating our 4th of July farmhouse tablescape are from the Mud Pie collection that is carried in store and can also be ordered online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org! Mud Pie carries a wide selection of high-quality holiday ceramics that are sure to set your party apart from the rest.
Our favorite outdoor entertaining always happens around our reclaimed picnic tables and benches. These tables are the perfect way to spread your farmhouse glam to the backyard with lots of fun decorations! Whether you’re entertaining close friends or the whole neighborhood, don’t forget to head down to Urban Farmhouse Designs for all of you 4th of July necessities!